air suspension

curlykevs

hello to everyone on here i am new on here and need help with my air suspension front drivers side goes up when pump is on but goes down as soon as pump stops i have changed the level sensor and tried to re calibrate with vagcom i go through all the stages save channel 5 the i get no response from control module sso nothing is changed it still goes down on drivers side only fault coming up is pump stop due to over temp put new pump on still the same 2010 Q7  

all hep gratefully received thanks 

Sounds like a valve stuck open. If the bag had such a big leak that it goes down straight away when the pump stops then I doubt it would lift it up in the first place. The over temp fault is just because the pump keeps kicking in. Unless it's really noisy it should be fine. There is a valve block just behind the pump that might be stuck but check the individual valve on the strut first with soapy water to see where the air is escaping. What have you changed to get vagcom to say that. Have you changed the bag and now it's stuck down on the corner and won't raise the car at all? If so jack the car up on that wheel to take some weight off and see if it will raise it up. 

On 01/03/2017 at 3:31 PM, curlykevs said:

hello to everyone on here i am new on here and need help with my air suspension front drivers side goes up when pump is on but goes down as soon as pump stops i have changed the level sensor and tried to re calibrate with vagcom i go through all the stages save channel 5 the i get no response from control module sso nothing is changed it still goes down on drivers side only fault coming up is pump stop due to over temp put new pump on still the same 2010 Q7  

all hep gratefully received thanks 

i now keep getting invalid when i do put in measurement in channel 4 all others channels ok but channel 4 invalid and then channel 5 says error 

Channel 4 is the rear right I think and 5 is just to confirm the values so probably will say error if there isn't any value in 4. Have you entered anything for 1,2,3? What value are you entering in channel 4. Is any of the suspension lower than the rest. I think the test conditions are that the engine has to be running and all the doors are closed 

Is it Left Hand Drive? Is just one corner down or both on that side. What is the value you are trying to enter? Is the mmi greyed out on the suspension settings? What parts have you changed on the car to get to this stage? 

49 minutes ago, Bigdave1230 said:

Is it Left Hand Drive? Is just one corner down or both on that side. What is the value you are trying to enter? Is the mmi greyed out on the suspension settings? What parts have you changed on the car to get to this stage? 

hi it is right hand drive it is higher on passenger side 123 set ok 4 wont take it is at 410 i have tried taking it up 20mm says invalid so tried 15 still same tried 10 still same mmi is on automatic only no other settings changed front bag it is now better but cant set untill i get channel 4 sorted

Hi what are the levels for all four channels and what are the stored values for all four channels? I think if the stored value for example is 495 and the actual value is 410 then the ecu won't allow such a dramatic change and so you will need to set it to within 20 of the stored value until you can get to where it is. 

5 hours ago, curlykevs said:

hi it is right hand drive it is higher on passenger side 123 set ok 4 wont take it is at 410 i have tried taking it up 20mm says invalid so tried 15 still same tried 10 still same mmi is on automatic only no other settings changed front bag it is now better but cant set untill i get channel 4 sorted

still getting no response from controller after getting all 4 valid but tried 20 times at least no response from controller 

24 minutes ago, curlykevs said:

still getting no response from controller after getting all 4 valid but tried 20 times at least no response from controller 

got all 4 channels valid and tested and saved channel 5 tested and save but every time it says no response from controller so will only on automatic all others greyed out 

22 hours ago, Bigdave1230 said:

Is it a genuine cable you are using to program. If you do vcds options test what does it say. 

yes genuine cable vcds now getting channel 4 invalid so now cant set 5 

What does vcds - options - test say. You can ring Rosstec for support who will talk you through some things to see why it's not talking but to be honest I'd probably ring Audi and pay £80 or something to get them to do it on there computer if it's gone on this long. I've only seen something like the problem your having when my mate bought a Mickey Mouse lead from eBay when his original one broke