Rubber glue

Voodoo333

After inspecting my tyres, I notice that a small part of my tyre tread has partly come away from the rest of the tyre. It doesn't look major,  but I would feel better if the outstanding rubber could be glued to the rest of the tyre safely. I thought of superglue but it maybe too brittle  

They are newish tyres, and obviously I don't want to fork out for another tyre, so any help would be appreciated. 

Hello Jay,

Wow. Obviously we don't know what is small in your "small part......" or indeed where on the tread this is. It may be of no significance, but any separation of any part of the tread on a tyre must be looked at by a reputable tyre company to assure yourself that this is safe.

Of course, you might have done so, and apologise if you have.

If you haven't then please please do so. If there is a recommendation to get this replaced then near new or not - spend, beg, borrow or steal to best safeguard your and other road users safety. 

Sorry Jay, this may be a bit harsh, jumping the gun, and indeed you may have had it looked at by your reputable tyre company, but gluing bits of tread on tyres ...! 

Anyway, good luck in getting this sorted safely.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Like 1