Driver's side crash sensor and plug missing

Bezzer8812

Hi all brought an Audi a3 had various problems but managed to tackle most myself, but anyway the airbag light has been on since i brought it, plugged it in and found it to be the driver's side crash sensor, knowing the damp cuases issues i just assumed it to be fualty, ordered new one, and the computer was right it was the crash sensor only i never imagined it would actually be missing as well as the plug for it.

What I've done so far 

Took up the rear part of the carpet check the wiring can't find the plug anywhere any idea where someone could of stashed it or where they may have left the cut cables any help would be brilliant.

Not sure what help the photos will be but took some anyway.

1489326943392-1272558004.jpg

1489326985188776303770.jpg

14893270074181590844346.jpg

Here is a link to some images for possible location of the sensor

https://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AwrBTvpcF8lY5RYABKtLBQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTEydnFtbDFsBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjM0NThfMQRzZWMDc2M-?p=audi+a3+crash+sensor+location&fr=mcafee

Also, I have seen some references to it being behind the headlamp in the engine bay...which would give you the right location for side/frontal impact sensing.

• Like 1

So i swapped the sensors around from driver's  to passengers side and vice versa passenger side worked both times driver's side still open circuit unplugged the sensors in the engine bay just to see and they registered a fault and both went away after replugging them in, I've checked the wiring in the door and where it enters the door can't see anything obvious.

Guessing it's a problem with the wiring or connection somewhere anyone have any ideas where to check next.

Screenshot_2017-03-18-11-49-30.png