Navigation system

Tim lane

Just picked up my 63 plate 1.4tfsi saloon and found out that the navigation system isn't installed. Do I need to go to Audi to have fitted? Cost seems a bit steep 

I say don't waste your money.

For me the SD based Sat Nav (at least) is in my opinion very inferior to what you'll get from, say, Google Maps on your phone to the point that, whilst I have the Audi SD based Sat Nav, I choose to use my phone instead. My experience with Audi's implementation is it's embarrassingly slow to set up a destination and has demonstrated some bizarre routing choices.  Only nice feature is the automatic offer to navigate to the nearest petrol station it's aware of if fuel gets really low.

Voice recognition via the MMI is also far inferior (both recognition performance and options for what you can say) to what I get from my phone in the car (in my case Android) 

You can get something like this to neatly 'install' your phone in your A3 :-)

https://www.audiphoneholder.com/

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We bought our A3 from Arnold Clark not knowing it didn't have nav installed and having the screens without the navigation feels a bit silly. We were quoted 720 from audi themselves, however as we said we wouldn't be buying the car without it they paid most of it for us :) . I would be wary of the SD cards online as they are apparently single use only. Hope this helps.