New Audi Q7 2016 break in no damage

Shan

Surprisingly someone break-in my new Audi Q7 last night and steal few items. No damage at all even no scratch. Did anyone face frustrating situation after spending 65k? Car was 100% lock and checked. Going to Audi Milton Keynes in two days. Lets see what they do. 

Cheers

Yes car was 100% lock. I took car to Audi today they couldn't find the fault, but of course there is a loop whole. May be someone scan fob frequency and code but in this latest tech Audi couldn't find the cure in one of there top models. Feeling my car security same level as corsa or another standard car. 

Audi send car data to back office for further investigation and ask me to visit again on 21st. 

Looking forward to hear reasonable answer. 

Regards

• 10 months later...

Stick your car keys in an RFID proof pouch (eBay or Amazon) when in your jacket walking around - stops the keys being scanned and copied if your shopping, when you come back to the car it will still be there!

All & any manufacturer is susceptible to this easy theft, even Rolls Royce and Aston’s are taken this way  

Also when at home put the keys in a metal tin - so they can’t be scanned through the door. I use a simple lip balm metal tin my daughter got with 3 lip balms from a local supermarket. It’s approx the circumference of a side plate and 2” high  

Recent bbc news report showed how easy it is for thieves to stand outside your house, scan for the advanced key radio frequency emitted by the key fob at all times, they sample it and send it on to the car via a linked transmitter. They then easily open the doors and drive away if they want. 

As their transmitter is holding the last frequency used by your legit key, unless they stop the engine. It keeps the immobiliser off until they get to their destination- where they strip for parts or put in a container for Africa 🥃

It’s a complete joke in my humble opinion. 

They should at least limit the area these keys transmit within.  

1 metre or less is more than enough distance to allow the door to open when you approach the vehicle.

Same crazy idea as the contactless debit cards where the thieves have a scanner in a back pack and debit your card of £30 each time your walk past them. 

They can be half a metre away from your card and still steal the data!

Hence my cards are in a RFID blocking wallet!!