A4 B8 2.0ltr Diesel 245/40 R18 Tyres

jdragon

Which brand of tyre are you buying at the moment? I fitted a full set of Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance back in June last year and the fronts aren't looking especially meaty after only 12k miles. My commute to work is ~35 miles of mainly A roads

• Like 1

I've always found Goodyear to be quite soft compound, but awesome in all conditions.

I don't think 12k miles is too bad, considering I only get around 4k miles from my Goodyears on my motorbike

• Like 1

I used to get ~25k out of Kumho Ecsta Le Sport KU39 fitted to the rear of my Merc (driven on the exact some route), so as far as I'm concerned 12k is bad.

Going to go for the Kumho again seems logical but I thought it might be worth asking the question here first.

If the motorbike comment was a joke, I don't get it :)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I ran the Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance until the wear indicator and got ~15k out of them.

After a little research and advice from the manager at my local F1 Auto Centre my choices for replacement were either: Michelin Pilot Sport 4 @ £125 ea., Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 @ £113 ea. or Cooper Zeon CS Sport @ £110 ea. Timing was such that I had the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3.

They feel good and are possibly a bit quieter that the EF (and I will hopefully be able to do few k more mileage too).

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

It's that time again; having clocked ~16k the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 are almost ready to replace.

Has anyone got experience with the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2? They are the same price as the GYEF1 but according to tyrereviews.co.uk they have a better wear rating :)

Just changed over to winter tyres having done approx 20 k on some Michelin Pilot Sports (front tyres). Approx 135 each to replace so might try some Efficient grips as they are allegedly a bit quieter and 115 each.