New to the A3 TDi

The Singing Bush

Hi,  Im new to your forum and new to owning an Audi.

Ive had a raft of cars in the past but this is the first Audi, anyhow - following the demise of my 3 Series that had an intimate get together with a HGV, i was looking around, fancied a change from BMW - but only because in the weeks before the accident it seemed my car was targeted by some low life scum who nicked my HEKO's and then unbelievably lay under the car outside my house during the night, unbolted my 6 month old SS back box and fecked off with it - so i figured the car was marked, anyway having replaced what was stolen and following a full service and tank of diesel - the very next day a HGV took a liking to the rear end, it was a 320d Tourer so it folded quite well :)

Well, i figured if i got another BMW i may be chancing my arm a little so i went looking for an equally decent reliable motor, Audi fitted the bill nicely. I originally went out looking for an A4 avant 2.7TDi, love the look and comfort aspect, fuel consumption is pretty good too - anyways before you all nod off...... i saw an A3 and kinda liked it, did a test drive and liked it more, trying not to be in a "but my BMW did this.... and had this..." kind of mood i kept an open mind. The low rev torque of the A3 is great, my car is the 138bhp CR 2.0TDi S-Line, 8P i believe, on a 2011 plate. 

Anyways, i thought a little down on power to what i've been used to but amazing fuel economy, power delivery is a little earlier in the revs but soon runs out of puff - but still no slouch, comfort - well the seats are comfy and hug you - sat in rather than on them. Test drive made up my mind, i was having the A3.

I intend to add a replacement panel filter, although ive read that these are fiddly to fit? Also intend on a remap or tuning box - prices are comparable i think so i would need your experiences of both if i could be so bold before i decide on them - should i expect around 170bhp from a remap/tuning box? exhaust - aside from the aesthetics is it really worth a change? 

Anyways, here are a couple of pictures.

thanks for reading guys :)

a3-3.jpg

A3-1.jpg

A3-2.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Scott...welcome to the Forum

Great looking car, lets hope they leave it alone,unlike the Beemer.

Panel filter should be easy enough to fit and I can definitely recommend a Tuning Box

Link to article about Tuning Boxes  http://www.audiownersclub.com/news/reviews/club-reviews/product-reviews/electronic-engine-tuning-guide/

Good to have you onboard

Cheers   Trevor

• Like 1