Coolant loss

Karl220282

Hello all, haven't really been on here since the purchase of my car. 

2-3 weeks in to ownership the coolant low light came on in the car. After topping it up the level was going down again after a day or two of driving it. My passenger door was creaking, a headlight bulb blew costing £87 and the brakes were squealing a lot, all of this within a very short period of ownership 😭

Fortunately there was an optional 2 year warranty that I decided I wanted when we got the car. So I rang the garage up that I bought the car from and they came and picked the car up and left me with a Vauxhall insignia 👎.

Anyway the car is at the Audi main dealers in Basingstoke and is apparently leaking coolant in the "V" part of the engine? So it is being stripped down  for further investigation. Does anyone know anything about this or has anyone had the same problem? Would like to hear if you do or have.

many thanks Karl. 👍

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, just an update on my car. I got it back from Audi Basingstoke today it turns out it was the EGR cooler leaking. This surprised me a bit as I have seen cars that are older than mine with the same problem, a problem that I thought would of been ironed out by Audi on a 2012/13 plate. 

Oh well least I didn't have to fit the bill thanks to my warranty. Good luck with all your cars and hopefully I don't have to post another post like this again...... 👍

• Like 1

Thought I'd post this in case anyone has the same problem and feels like taking on the task theirselves. I take it the numbers are the part numbers.

I think you would save a bit of money if you did it yourself also, a whopping £2432!!! 😬

Hopefully somebody finds this of use.