Ignition cylinder barrel do I need to replace key?

Lindsay71208

Hi there I have an Audi A3 tdi 04 plate and today the ignition cylinder barrel seems to have given up. My key will not turn the car on, 

I have taken the car to the garage, however it is now shut so need to wait until Monday to see if they can fix and obtain a quote, however I was hoping that someone might be able to give me some advise, when I change the cylinder barrel will I have to also replace my keys too?

I would really appreciate any advise

thank you

On 18/03/2017 at 8:57 PM, Lindsay71208 said:

Hi there I have an Audi A3 tdi 04 plate and today the ignition cylinder barrel seems to have given up. My key will not turn the car on, 

I have taken the car to the garage, however it is now shut so need to wait until Monday to see if they can fix and obtain a quote, however I was hoping that someone might be able to give me some advise, when I change the cylinder barrel will I have to also replace my keys too?

thank you

My Dad had an auto locksmith out to his lexus with similar and he stripped the barrel and rebuilt it for about £60

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 3/19/2017 at 2:27 AM, Lindsay71208 said:

thank you

You can also replace the ignition barrel without using locksmith services, just read the manual guide on the internet and replace the cylinder.

• 1 year later...
On 12/12/2017 at 8:03 PM, aleencooper said:

Locksmith are sometimes a better solution as compared to the dealer. I also lost key when i was in stockton and there i called 24 hr locksmith stockton for help. I have found them on directory and they worked well , charged $50 for the duplicate key.

As per your suggestion, i should go with locksmith white plains if i see any issue with lock barrel right?