A4 Allroad obscured main beam light

AerialCamera

Just taken delivery of a 2017 A4 Allroad 2.0 TDI  and I am generally very pleased with it.  BUT, I cannot believe the position of the main beam blue indicator light, it is situated right where the speedo needle obscures it at 40 mph, thats a speed where the car is travelling in town and the needle is going from maybe 30 to 50 mph all the time, at 40mph you just cannot see the light.  If it was situated say around the 100 to 120 mph range it would seldom be obscured, in the UK anyway.  Its the standard instrument cluster, anyone else noticed this, and how did it ever get past the focus groups and testers?

Hi Peter....welcome to the Forum

I know exactly where you're coming from and it does defy any logic for the designers to think this stuff up.

I quite often sit in a car and think 'why?' but then remember that most car designers are probably not practical people but can draw up nice things which in real life do not work well.

Sorry, rant over.

Cheers  Trevor