A3 2.0tdi egr + Dpf

JonnyBGood

Hi all,

Recently I had Dpf warning light show, did a motorway run and off went the light.

One week later glow plugs warning light pings on + loss of power. Turned car off and on, off went the light and power returned.

Got the car to a diagnostics job round my end the next morning and was told the EGR needs replacing ... sweet.

The coil light is off but the Dpf light is back on , power is still fine.

I have bought a new EGR valve and cooler but I don't think I'm going to put it on. I have looked online about  EGR removal , DPF delete and remap and it looks a good idea

just looking for a bit of Input from anyone who has had this sort of issue and how they went about resolving it

thanks in advance

2010 Audi A3 2.0l tdi 

CFF Engine

Hi Jonathan....welcome to the Forum

EGR delete is a good idea, use a blanking plate with a small hole in it and that will keep the light off.

Also,Terraclean is good to restore the correct operation of the engine by cleaning out all the carbon.

Let us know how you get on with it all

Cheers  Trevor

• 2 weeks later...

Due to new MOT particulates test to be introduced this year I am not so sure DPF delete is the best way forward. 

Has anybody any news on when the new regs are due in?

i know there are quite a few chaps running T5's with deleted DPF's wishing they had kept theirs t be able to refit.

personally I would just do a forced DPF regen more often to keep it clean.

Just spoken with local garage about the proposed MOT change on particulate measuring and he said there is still nothing in the pipelines for it to be introduced so maybe a DPF delete could be ok for you. He said buy an aftermarket system though and keep the DPF just in case it does come in. But for now only the ✅ for 'DPF is present' is all that's required.

So, please ignore what I said in lost post. Sorry.

Thanks for all input guys , I am getting the new egr fitted and I'll give it all a good clean.

Cheers Trevor i might put a blanking plate on whist I'm at it as it's the CFF engine and apparently hard work to get at so might aswell whilst Im back there.

Mo sounds good 215 but  I need to be 100% on the MOT side of things before I start opening up can of DpF I think. 🙃 

A spare hollow'd out Dpf for running wouldn't go amiss and keep the stock one for test or like Dan said about a aftermarket system just in case.

• Like 1