please help

penchev

Hello friends,

I have recently purchased Audi A6 Avant 2.0 TDI Limited Edition 2008

the car is very nice and drives very nice until 3 weeks ago, when it started shacking and little bit knocking sound when start the car! it does it only when the car is warm. The first start in the morning when it's still cold it smooth and nice, but the second start after the car is warm it shakes and knock... I went to Audi they said is the Flywheel, but for some reason it doesn't sounds like being that. - ANY IDEA'S 

Also just today in the morning when I went out, after I started the car and start driving in about 20 meters distance the spark light came ON, and the car lost power, it was raising the RPM up to maybe 3500 but didn't speed up... I believe it entered in some emergency mode. After I have turned off and start the car again it was back to normal, no lights on! in about an hour later, I was going back home, the same thing happened but this time the engine light came on.... after I turned off the car and started again, the spark light was off but the engine lamp is still on and the car is working normal. Any suggestions? I do have an appointment for a diagnosis with Halford's on Thursday because of my guarantee works with them, so I need to take it there...

Any idea or suggestions are welcome...

Hi Peter

I would wait for the Diag on Thursday really, it is strange but may need new glow plugs if this is the error coming up on the dash. keep us updated mate would be interesting to see what the issue is.

Regards

Bradley

• 2 weeks later...

Hello friends,

I was at the workshop and they have stated that i need to replace the turbo! 😖

The flywheel needs to be relaced as is falty, but the light that came up was connected with the turbo! 

The falt codes that comes are:

P0234 - Turbo overboost condition

P0299 - Turbo Underboost

after half day in the garage the technicians there told me that the turbo has stucked in side and needs to be replaced! 

Any sugestions? 

"Stucked" is that a typo? Just love autocorrect sometimes.

turbos on these cars are a very common failure. Key sign that turbo is on its way out (fault codes indicate that) is limp mode that resets itself when you switch car of and then start it up again, all should be well. If it occurs frequently then you have choice to:-

clean turbo. Many products available but you need to clean both sides or turbo really for it to be affective. Not so easy to do on the hot side!?!

rebuild ou turbo with a new core

get a refurbed unit ( my recommendation)

get a new one (big 💰)

Your car looks lovely and is definately worth spending on. I have recently done just this on my T5 except I upped the turbo size from 130 BHP to 174bhp. Did the work myself with a total cost of £300. I bought a referb Garret unit.

hope that helps a bit. 

• Like 1