clutch

Andy T

hello  very new to this just recently joined  to start im not sure if my a4  06 plate 2.0 tfsi is classed as a b6 or a b7  but  the problem i have , or had is the clutch   , while driving  the motor upon slowing down to enter a car park changed into 2nd gear and the car just slowed down to a stop upon engaging first gear and attempting to drive off nothing happend    the clutch pedal stillgoing down and gear into first still nothing happend  clutch cable ok engine running ok  , paid £30 to get car took up to garage  by the time it got there  i was told over the phone car was now driving fine  ,    has anybody else had a similar problem  , would like to hear from you as iv been driving over 40 years and never ever had this situation before  would be grateful for any replies  thanks       

Hi Andrew....welcome to the Forum

It could be a dual mass flywheel fault as I have known them to do that before, although they are usually accompanied by a very loud rattling if they get to that stage.

Keep us updated if it happens again

Cheers  Trevor