2004 A3 central display with aftermarket radio

Anders

Hi all,

Just looking for a bit of advice. I recently got myself a nice 2004 Audi A3. It had the single din concert radio, but this had a few issues with the volume knob, and I wanted bluetooth + DAB so went out and got myself an Alpine to replace it with.

Thanks to the various posts around here and a few other forums I've managed to get all the power, FM signal and DAB working at last, but just have one small gripe left. The top portion of the DIS display is now blank :( Previously it would show the radio station that i was tuned in to. Does anyone know if there's an easy way to get this working with the alpine cde-196dab (this does have a vehicle display output cable, but no idea what I'd need to plumb it in), or anything else that can be done with it so it's not just blank?

A bit pricey, but I'm thinking of buying one of these if I can't get it working with the radio http://www.turbozentrum.de/en/electronics/displays/fis-control-multifunctional-instrument/a-43733/ 

Any thoughts on them?

• 5 months later...