Short Intake Upgrade Question

andrewnovell

A quick, and possibly stupid question.  I just purchased a short air intake upgrade for my 02 TT mk1.  As you will see in the atached picture, it has a short pipe at the top, but I can't for the life of me what this is for or if it is supposed to attach to something?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

s-l1600 copy.jpg

Welcome to the forum Andrew :) 

could this be for the breather pipe? - is there a pipe running out of the back of the air box? 

If so the pipe needs to connect to this.

cheers

steve 

Thanks, Steve,

No, the only one intake in the box which comes from a scoop at the front. The thing that worries me about this pipe is that it is after the filter, which surely means that air is drawn in through this rather than through the filter (path of least resistance, and all that). I'm worried that this means the majority of the air entering the charger is unfiltered.

Are there any how-to links on here for after market short arms?  I couldn't find any.

Thanks.

Thanks.  His design is different.  I have read that certain models have this extra nozzle from the air-box (before 2000 models I think.) I can see adding a filter if you have this hose, and I can see it fitting on the intake extension, but what I am unsure of is what to do if you don't have the hose.  Oh well, seems to run ok. I suppose I can just block it off and see what happens.

Hmm, I'm unsure to be honest. But what ever you do don't leave it loose (sorry if that sounds like I'm telling you how to suck eggs). Iv also moved this topic to the Audi TT section to make it easier for other members :) 

cheers

steve