Audi 80 B4 series saloon

johnnyg64

I have a 1992 B4 series ABT engine code, 66KW, 2.0 petrol, 8 valve Audi 80 and recently the rear mounted wing aerial has broken. I have had a look in my Haynes manual but there is no reference of how to remove this. I have removed the inner carpet from the boot wall and have removed the small nut and bolt that goes through the bodywork that secures the bottom of the mast securely and have slid out the bottom of the mast with the rubber washer that holds it in place securely. Now the mast is loose but doesn't seem to come out. I don't know if you need to push it down or pull it up as it is hard to see at the top of the underside of the wing. I can only see an earthstrap pretty near the top where the aerial mast goes through the wing.Has anyone out there any ideas as to how to remove the aerial mast?  Do I push it down, pull it up or is there something else to disconnect it that I have missed or can't see? Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

John