Tankflap

Sven

Hello does anyone have a idea how to adjust a a6 c7 tankflap?

or does have a Audi workshop manual for c7?

I was not happy with mine but after a lot of looking and head scratching I think they are just a straight fit and not the most robust of fits either. 

It sits flush,  open /  closes and locks / unlocks but does not pass the dial caliper test. 

• Like 1

I know how to get the cover off but the inner plastic no clue how it holds in there is a bit of room when you push it but no srews to be seen....😤

On 07/07/2017 at 9:22 AM, Envy said:

I was not happy with mine but after a lot of looking and head scratching I think they are just a straight fit and not the most robust of fits either. 

It sits flush,  open /  closes and locks / unlocks but does not pass the dial caliper test. 

Hey Envy found that on another forum it works but you can't really adjust it.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-discussion-112/fuel-filler-door-acutator-replacement-diy-2891090/

Nice find Sven. Have seen the actuator fail on an older A6 and more recently one start to seize up on an A7 (under 4 years old!) causing intermittent fail to open

Also seen it on an older VW Polo (may be related)

Seems to be a problem area for Audi. Wouldn't be surprised if there is not an internal TSB out an about regarding them. 

I know many folk out there wont be aware of the emergency release from inside the car and this may explain many of the broken filler flaps you see out an about.