Hi all new member here just brought a A3 1.6 SE 2005 with full service history. Very impressed. One thing that let's it down is the factory stereo and I'm looking at advice on how to change it out. It has a iPod connector but with being a android user that's no good for me.

I've used the search function but with being a noob I'm a little stuck at what to do. Please don't shoot me down I'm new.

Welcome to the forum Ady :) 

youll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch and won't shoot you down! ;)

There are plenty of steep options out there as the original radios can be abit limited. As long as you use adapters then most aftermarket radios should fit. You can get Ines now that have android function and touch screen but these can cost around £300-£500.

when you get the chance feel free to post a pic of your Audi :) 

cheers

steve :) 

One suggestion is buy a cheap iPod shuffle. Download all you music to it and just leave it plugged in. Second hand of eBay £40 for a half decent one. Much cheaper?

but then maybe I am just a cheapskate?.. Answers on a postcard please🤔

Hi Ady....welcome to the Forum

Great idea from Dan3222  (aka. cheapskate)  but also the suggestion that Steve Q has offered is equally valid.....your choice

I like the idea of the after-market system as it offers a lot more beside, such as SatNav, telephone, phone mirroring, media, etc

Have a look at the ones here:  http://www.iceboxauto.com/audi

Let us know how it all goes

Cheers,  Trevor

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan3222 said:

One suggestion is buy a cheap iPod shuffle. Download all you music to it and just leave it plugged in. Second hand of eBay £40 for a half decent one. Much cheaper?

but then maybe I am just a cheapskate?.. Answers on a postcard please🤔

that's exactly what I did in my MX5 very succesfully  but it will not work in the audi; the ipod connector comes out from the back of the multi CD thingy in the glovebox, it lights up when plugged in & the lying little xxxx says it's playing but I cant find it in the myriad of switches & options

• Like 1