Q5 parcel shelf removel ?

Karendm

Hello 

Have had Many Audi cars over the years & now on a Q5 2014 ,with my limited knowledge on cars I can normally figure out how things come off though ! But .. I carnt find any release knobs or levers to release the parcel shelf !!! Levers for rear folding seats but carnt see anything else?

Does that mean it has to be un screwed ? Or am I being abit thick ?  Any help soon would be great as my German shepherd pup is growing fast & may end up with a neck ache having to Crouch under the parcel shelf !!!!

Hi Karen .... welcome to the Forum

Cannot find anything definitive regarding the removal of the rear shelf but can see from pictures that there are straps to suspend it when the tailgate raises.

Also, I found some reference to being retractable (so appears to fold back to give an extra third of boot space exposed) and being or runners.

So it does remove from the car but probably have to pull it backwards to release and slide out?

Can you post up a photo of the shelf and in particular where it attaches. Also, a piccy of the Alsatian puppy would be really nice !

Cheers,  Trevor

ahh....he's gorgeous (sorry getting all soppy here)  

Well,  if he doesn't fit your car I'll be quite happy to take him on....I'm only up the road in Bournemouth so you can visit him when you want :yes: