LCD screen

V AL4N

I have just picked up my 2010 R8 spyder. The screen on the sat nav etc seemed to be scratched and couldn't see much , reversing cam might as well have not been there. After carefully application of vinyl scratch remover three times the screen is like new. It's like it had a anti glare coating or something over it. I'm loving the car and learning my way round it slowly. Thinking of exhaust , remap and air inlet improvements if anyone has done this I would be grateful of any feed back on noticeable power increase. (Probably on another thread ?)

You may be right about the anti-glare coating, VAG tend to put weird coatings on just about anything.

I would imagine the best place to start would be a remap, probably the cheapest as well, but would recommend somewhere that has Dyno facilities that can accurately measure the increases and tune the car accordingly.

Can't imagine there would be much improvement over the standard OE components (intake/exhaust) on the R8, or if there is it wouldn't be cheap

• 6 months later...

Hello Alan, I also have a 2010 R8 V10 Spyder. I have had mine tuned by Quattro Sports in Haywards Heath - Kim Collins is a guy I've known for many years - when I was younger I owned a couple of UR Quattros and I used Kim for servicing etc. My car has the Milltek exhaust which is far better / louder than the standard Audi OEM - it sounds more like a Lambo. I got QS to do an "APR" remap (about £1000) as my car has the single clutch auto box and the remap helps smooth out changes a low speeds - the remap has increased power to 575 BHP and it seems a bit smoother now as well. I also treated the car to a very high end detail with Refined Detail (had the stone chips done first) where Richard at Refined Detail (nice bloke and a real perfectionist) has applied a ceramic coating (Siramik is the brand) - the results are awesome - the car literally looks like brand new and is much easier to keep clean now. It cost about £1400 in total but it was worth it. I was so impressed I'm going to have my S8+ done next.

Thanks for the tip on the screen, mine has a few scratches, so I will try the vinyl scratch remover. I think Audi has put a polycarbonate / plastic cover lens over the LCD because all LCDs have a soft polariser on top, which can be easily scratched (I work in the LCD industry supplying screens to all the automotive OEMs)

Cheers

Mike

• 1 month later...