Losing MPG

Raza_300

Hi All,

Just a quick one, I had my middle and back boxes removed about 2 months ago and replaced with a straight pipe. Since then I feel like I have lost mpg. Yes I do occasionally cane it to hear the exhaust note but even with careful low rev driving I still struggle to get decent figures. 

Any ideas?

Many Thanks,

Hi Raza

As you have removed the Middle and back box this means the gasses are expelled quicker, this means the turbo spools quicker, doesn't usually effect the MPG a great deal but with the turbo spooling sooner could mean in decreased MPG, especially if you're putting your foot down every so often for the sweet sound! :D

Have you tried hyper milling by any chance to see if that helps?

Kind regards

Bradley

I am no Audi expert but would start looking at DPF function. 

On the DPF there is a differential sensor measuring pre and post filter pressure. 

When the margin between the two passes a threshold - the sensor will call on the ECU to do a regen. 

This may be a red herring but if something has changed the "factory" set up then it could be a clue.

• Like 1

Hi All,

Thanks for all the responses.

I was considering bringing it to Audi to see if they could do a software update as the previous owner was an elderly bloke who didn't really care about the car and didn't drive it much so doubt he had any work done to it.

In regards to a remap I have been looking at one with Celtic tuning for £299 they can up the bhp by 50 and up the torque by 81nm. I just wanted to know if you will actually notice a difference in how the car drives after this.

Many Thanks