Noisy brakes

Mark Townsend

Could anyone point me in the right direction please

I have noticed when I drive over a uneaven road my brakes are noisy sounds like to do with discs/calipers?

the front discs are new but the back are not.

i have just purchased the car within the last couple of weeks and love it but find this noise annoying.

the car has been well looked after with good history 

can anyone give me any suggestions please?

thank you very much 

Hi Mark

Welcome to the forum! :D

Where did you have the brake done, could be too tight? are you sure that it's the brakes if so could also mean they just need wearing in a bit, could do with them looking at it :)

Kind regards

Bradley

Quick way to double check any noise is coming from brakes (from your description on sounds created over rough ground) lightly press the pedal and hold for as long as you can. The idea is to not stop the car but add a bit of pressure to stop any noise from loose parts!! If the noise goes away then it will be most likely the brakes, if it doesn't then it is not likely to be the brakes but another part of the suspension.

Hope this helps

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Brad-B5 said:

Hi Mark

Welcome to the forum! :D

Where did you have the brake done, could be too tight? are you sure that it's the brakes if so could also mean they just need wearing in a bit, could do with them looking at it :)

Kind regards

Bradley

Thanks Bradley will check that out. 👍

7 hours ago, Dan3222 said:

Quick way to double check any noise is coming from brakes (from your description on sounds created over rough ground) lightly press the pedal and hold for as long as you can. The idea is to not stop the car but add a bit of pressure to stop any noise from loose parts!! If the noise goes away then it will be most likely the brakes, if it doesn't then it is not likely to be the brakes but another part of the suspension.

Hope this helps

Thanks Dan3222

will check that out 👍