Start/stop function

KAJ

Hi, I drive my A3 with the start/stop function activated, never have a need to turn it off.  However, I've had some issues with the electronic parking brake and was advised to switch off the start/stop function and see if that made any difference.  When I switched the (A) button off then went to pull away, the auto hand brake wouldn't release.  Is this normal?  Do you have to release the hand brake manually if start stop is disabled?

thanks!

Im fairly certain the 2 systems,  stop start and auto hand brake are not connected.  I saw your other post about the auto HB and it appears there is an underlying issue with that system and nothing to do with the stop start.

A few people with similar problems with the Auto HB over on a golf forum i follow had the rear ABS sensors replaced, could be worth suggesting to Audi should your problems persist. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chris43 said:

Im fairly certain the 2 systems,  stop start and auto hand brake are not connected.  I saw your other post about the auto HB and it appears there is an underlying issue with that system and nothing to do with the stop start.

A few people with similar problems with the Auto HB over on a golf forum i follow had the rear ABS sensors replaced, could be worth suggesting to Audi should your problems persist. 

That's great, thank you for your reply.  I'll mention the ABS sensors to the dealership.

thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I previously had a 2011 Tiguan (no stop start) which would occasionally not release the brake when moving off. I never found out the reason and if it was only when the auto hold function had engaged. Dipping the clutch and moving off again seemed to cure it.