Hillclimb info

Dan3222

Does anyone have any info they would be willing to share on Hillclimb experience?

I attended the Harewood Hall Hillclimb this weekend and got quite a buzz from it. From properly radicalised classics like a Fiat 500 with an R1 engine over the back wheels, Scoobies and Evos making it look easy even in the wet to formula 2 style cars. However the class that takes my fancy is the road going unmodified class. It was great fun watching 205's, Saxo's and 3 stunning S2000's (which where my favorites on the day) tearing up a purpose built track!!

So before I list a few of the cars I currently own that I am thinking on preparing i thought I would ask if anyone can give info on potential initial set up costs and then yearly budgets required.  any info would be gratefully received. 

If people are interested I can list the cars I have and would think of using, but none of which are Audi so I would understand if nobody would be bothered.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers Trevor,

The day was brilliant and some of the cars quite special. No Audis or Golfs there though!! I really cheesed a bloke off there too lol. I said I could probably get up the track faster than the Westfields in my A6 in the heavy rain that occurred in the afternoon with my Uniroyal tyres. I was only joking, well half 🙃 joking but he ripped me a new one😜

So the list is as so.... NB I have my own idea on the best car and then also the easiest to prep. All of which have to be either rebuilt or re MOTed  but I am more interested in which car people think would be best irrespective of the amount of work they may need.

1982 Golf GTI 1.6 110BHP

1972 TVR 2500 BHP from 125-180

1990 Tigra 1.6i (16V ) 120bHP

1982 MG Midget 1500. 70BHP

2004 Golf GTI MKIV 18 T. 150BHP

Answers on a post card please. 

My other idea is flog the MKIV to fund the project?

• Like 1