TT coupe MK3 1.8TFSI manual wheel upgrade

carl roberts

Hi I am in the process of buying a brand new TT Coupe factory order for a 1.8tfsi sport and the only option at point of order is for 18" alloy wheels which i understand are 18" * 8.5j offset 50, fitted with 245/ 40/ 18 tyres. However in the future I would like to upgrade to the 19" wheels that are available on the S line and Black edition models which are fitted with 19" *9j ET52 fitted with 245/35/19tyres. I have been unable to gain any advice from Audi so wondering if anyone knows the answer because from what i understand (apart from slightly margin in difference on wheel arches with the sline boykit)  the sport and sline, without the lowered S line suspension are effectively the same car.

Hi Carl, welcome to the forum :)

You'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

You'd be exactly right in saying that the only difference with the s line is lowered suspension 30mm I believe) and the body kit, plus a slightly different interior. The wheels should bolt straight on and plenty of TT owners have done this.

If you can't order the car with the wheels, sometimes the dealer will allow you to upgrade once the car has arrived. Almost like having accessories fitted at a later date such as mudflaps etc. If that makes sense.

Your best bet would be to speak to the dealer you ordered the car from directly with this matter. Or potentially their service department. 

Sorry I can't help more but hope IV helped a little :) 

Cheers

Steve