Help. Steering wheel controls

sharpygti

Hi. Ive had my a3 for just over a month now and the stereo was fine til last week when it just stopped working. Took it out and found a pound inside. Anyway went to the scrap yard and got a replacement. Got the code, fitted it and was all working again but then i notice the steering wheel controls arent working. The vol wheel still works and the buttons light up still but the skip track has stopped working. 

Can anyone tell me how to get it working again. I have notice the vol wheel works but doesn't seem as fast. Is this a vag com job or just on the stereo it's self. 

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

Right . I presume you replaced the unit like for like with the same part number , and you connected everything as it should be 

Do a vcds scan to see if there are any errors . 

Also im not sure in your model but audi has CP. Component protection could kick in that could explain this. Vcds scan will show of this is the problem 

Thanks for your reply

Old unit part number was AUZ2Z3E2965041 new one is AUZ2Z3C1349443 They are very close. I have a vcds cable but ut doesnt work very well. Lookjng into getting a new now this week.