Audi A4 b7 oil pressure warning and over flwing water bottle

rickysa

Hi gents. My oil pressure warning came on. I drove about 200 m to garage. Switched off engine. Checked the oil. It showed normal on the dipstick. The water bottle had a small leak. But when I opened it there was a lot of pressure in it. The water was boiling hot. It was a very hot day. Temperature ranged between 30 - 35 degrees celcius. After about 5 mins we left. The car was driving normal. I was driving 110 kms per hour set on  cruise control when this happened and did about 90kms of my 190 kms journey. When we got home everything was fine. Until tonite when i drove 500m from my house when the oil pressure warning came on again. Checked the oil. But it was on its mark on the dipstick. Please help. Advice would be highly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum Ricardo, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

Just out of curiosity when was a4 last serviced? As it may need an oil change and oil flush. This would be my first choice and what I did with my a6 when I had low oil pressure. The oil change and oil flush solved this issue. 

I'm unsure on the water bottle issue. Sorry. 

Also we would love to see your a4 in sunny South Africa :) you'd be more than welcome to share any pictures in our Audi's from around the world section :) 

Cheers

Steve :)