TT questions

abtx

Hi, I've seen a nice TT today,  mark 2 2008 model. It's done under 50k miles from first owner, so I reserved. I'd like to find out two things.

Do these cars have carbon buildup issues due to DI engine (2.0 TFSI)? If so, how many miles in does the issues appear?

Question number two is about the door. I noticed that the driver's door window moves down a notch when opened, and moves back when doors are shut. This doesn't happen in the passenger door, which are also stubborn and feel heavy to open up. Is the window thing normal on just one side? Seems bit odd!

Any help/directions are appreciated! Thanks

Welcome to the forum, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

In my experience the windows on both doors should go down slight when you open the door. However it isn't unheard of the components inside the window mechanism to wear out. However I have also found that if the battery is low on charge or has been completely flat then this can also cause this issue. 

I'm unsure on the carbon build up though. I can't say I've come across it on here before on the 2.0 petrol TT. 

Cheers :) 

Steve

• Like 1

Hi Artur.

I had the same 2.0T engine in one of my other A3s with DSG box. The engine was as you would expect, faultless. Tied with that box it was the best car I've had for driving. Got a few mates that have had same engine in other VAG cars and not one fault amongst us. For piece of mind I would always look for FSH with at least a few main dealer stamps. 

Hope that is some help 

• 2 months later...

hi folks,

Thought I'd hop onto this thread to save over populating the section.

Just picked up a TT that is 2002, 114k miles . lovely to drive

I'd like to stay on top of it maintenance wise, so at the min I'd like to sort out the fuel gauge , it's very all over the place. digital and analogue.

Am I right in thinking it's the fuel sensor ? And what sort of job is it for a garage to sort ?

Advice welcome 

TT.JPG

TT1.JPG

TT2.JPG

On 4/25/2018 at 10:14 AM, A6chris said:

hi folks,

Thought I'd hop onto this thread to save over populating the section.

Just picked up a TT that is 2002, 114k miles . lovely to drive

I'd like to stay on top of it maintenance wise, so at the min I'd like to sort out the fuel gauge , it's very all over the place. digital and analogue.

Am I right in thinking it's the fuel sensor ? And what sort of job is it for a garage to sort ?

Advice welcome 

TT.JPG

TT1.JPG

TT2.JPG

Looks lovely Chris! 

You can definitely try the fuel sender but don't forget the mk1 TT suffered from fault instrument clusters. I believe 2 recalls we're issued. 

Cheers

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Steve,

I've found a place that does replacement clusters so will get that done.

Small ask , but does anyone know a good design cup holder for the TT ?

Nice one Chris, I do hope they're not too expensive! 

Erm I don't to be honest and truthfully I didn't realise the mk1 TT didn't have cupholders! 

Cheers

Steve