MMI 2G High streaming advice please

chizy

Hey all, 

Got the CD multi changer in the glove box, got the sat nav (with the dvd reader in the boot) and I'm able to make and receive calls via bluetooth. Happy days!!

However, I'm unable to stream music from my phone via bluetooth.

Why not plug a streaming adapter into your aux port I hear say...........

Would love to, but I ain't got one :w00t:.......... Nothing in the centre console and nothing in the glove box.

Apart from retro fitting an AMI unit, what options do I have??

Thanks in advance etc

chiz

There is no aux on mmi2g high. 2g works on fiberoptics cables so options are limited 

- retrofit ami (oem) and buy tune2air 

- fit in dension500bt (aftermarket )

- fit vns media ami4 (aftermarket )

- fm bluetooth transmitter ( not the best quality )

Both dension and vsn fully integrates with all car controlls and they work by emulating a cd changer and offer usb aux and streaming . I have dension for over a year and no issues 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, but have had my A6 Lemans for 2 years. Sounds like you had similar problems to me, only able to use the standard 6 disk auto changer. Recently I found this item on eBay ( 112554298106 ). I took a chance and bought it.

What I've now got is a USB stick (32GB max) with most of my music on it, which is what I wanted. It does have a few drawbacks however, and it stems mainly from the Audi MMI software. The unit replaces the multidisk (or can be wired in line, but I removed plug out of multidisk and plugged it into this).

The drawback is that the Audi software is only able to cope with 6 disks. Which on an USB stick translates to 6 folders. Inside each folder all your MP3's are contained, which means you don't have the file system you'd normally get with USBstick access. So I've created 6 folders for types of music. In each of these folders all the music is then placed at the same file level (i.e. all the MP3's, no sub-folders).

Beware however that the sorting of tracks is the order in which they where copied to the USB stick, so care must be taken in the generation of the music on the sticks. I'm a stickler for albums being in the right track order, so had to spend time making sure each track was copied in the right order. Once done track names appear on the screen in the car. The other issue with the Audi software is that it can only handle 32 tracks per "page", so as you are scrolling through, you have to jump pages every 32 tracks. The USB stick has to be formatted Fat32 and is maximum of 32GB in size.

The unit also connects to your phone through BT. When this is enabled (in the MMI disk 6 shows as switch mode, once switched you connect to the phone). At this point the phone is the audio source, and you navigate on the phone to your music folder using your phones music player. The car displays the track name on the display, but you have the option to track forward and track back from the car control.

I fitted the unit between the airbag switch and the shelf in the passenger side pocket, disconnected the fibre and power from the multiplayer (remove disks first). Used the power connect to supply the unit and connect the fibre straight into the unit. On my car inside the pocket there was a piece in the top of the pocket that I was able to push out to feed the cables into the pocket area to connect to the unit.

Hope this helps, had it in the car a few weeks and not had any issues.

Cheers,
Gareth.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one Gareth. 

It's certainly an avenue worth exploring!!

And at least if my music is on a stick it means my daughters can't high jack the Bluetooth stream and play their sh**te!!

chiz

• Haha 1