S5 - MMI not showing track names...is this normal?

LouLouS5

I bought a 2011 S5 Cabriolet in December and it is my pride and joy. Such a beautiful car, fab condition, low mileage, goes like stink and everything I have ever aspired to own......apart from the music system! It is fitted with the B&O system and the sound is amazing but I find it really clunky to control and am very surprised that it doesn't show me any information other than "Track 1, Track 2, etc." even when a legit CD is loaded into the 5 stack CD player. I have bought a Tune2Air bluetooth adaptor to connect my Android phone and play music through the Google Play Music app and whilst it works I have no info on the display. I can skip tracks >> or << using the buttons next to the "Return" button but that's all which means having to fiddle around with my phone and we all know that's not allowed ;-)

Can anyone confirm that this is all I should expect or if it should be showing me more info?

Many thanks

LouLou

• 3 weeks later...

think it's because CD text is a Sony trademark, something like that!

I may be wrong but if you find a CD produced by Sony you'll find track names appear. Also if the CD is one you've burnt yourself via iTunes etc and you've selected cd text as an option. 

I was very pleased to find out the cd player in my 2008 A5 reads mp3's, I loaded 6 cds of favourite songs of 6 genres and found that's all I need to satisfy most things I'm in the mood to listen to!