Ran my A3 2005 TDI out of deisel now won’t start!!!

Jkatt

Hi there any tips on getting it to start.?? My partner ran it out of deisel have since put two jerry cans worth in and still not turning over.. Any advice on how to get it started I’ve heard of cranking the injectors if so how do I do this..??? Helpless chick...!!!!

Hi Jess and welcome to the forum. Sorry about your partners mishap. It's likely the car has air in the fuel system so it will need removing but first as Audi made 2 Diesel engines in 2005 we would want to know which one you have so to hopefully help further. 

Jess. You need to bleed the air out of the fuel system all the way from the tank to the injectors. Usually the injectors have to be removed and the engine cranked until nothing but fuel comes out of the injectors. It's a messy stinking job which your partner should carry out to ensure he never runs out of fuel again. <G>

52 minutes ago, cliffcoggin said:

It's a messy stinking job which your partner should carry out to ensure he never runs out of fuel again.

:thumbsup: