New, but cautious owner

Obiwancanblowme

Hi all, being a hardcore British Leyland/MG-Rover owner, delving into the world of German engineering seems a little daunting. On sunday i take ownership of a 1998 Quattro 2.8 V6. It's a cracking car by all accounts and having read various things on here, watching the limited reviews on youtube and owners reviews on the likes of parkers,  they seem quite well put together and don't cause too many headaches. 
Like with anything we do in life, sometimes coming out of your comfort zone leads to some quite fun adventures and changes. The run up to Sunday is filling me with a bit of hesitation and i'm trying to convince myself i'm doing the right thing. Ok, it has an Audi badge, but, does that mean it's going to be great or a real PITA? Obviously that's for me to find out, however, the more, dare i say, spoon fed reassurance i get means that this A6 purchase is a positive thing.
I know people may say that if you're unsure, walk away, trouble is, i'm a sucker for trying new things.......within reason. 
Am i worrying because the car is sporting an Audi badge, and i'm not seeing past the fact that it is 'just a car' and if you're handy with spanners, it's no more difficult than any other car of it's era? I think the one upside to this whole venture is that the deal is going down because the cars current owner, has, like myself, a weakness for all things Longbridge and wants to take ownership of my tatty but very reliable 214SEi. The trade is a straight swap, having acquired the Audi from a close friend, he just doesn't like the 'feel' of the car. Maybe like myself, the quality of the end product has some bearing on the skills you need to fix them yourselves confidently. My SEi cost me £150 3 years ago and has never put a foot wrong. Aside from a respray, it needs not alot else to make it a show worthy car. So really this A6 is costing me next to nothing and after long conversations with the A6's current owner, and coupled with the fact he's willing to drive 5 hours to do the swap, does fill me with some confidence that the trade is an honest one and i'm infact worrying about nothing.

As long term owners of these gorgeous looking cars, i can only hope your advice and tales of experience will further solidify that i am infact doing the right thing. 

Thanks for reading my ramblings and i look forward to reading your thoughts and replies.

All the best, si

26993434_344807086000532_1677377714187156958_n.jpg

30442723_372560806558493_4597042890072391680_n.jpg

30180425_2010236195909709_397204721_n.jpg

30020289_2010236329243029_618049662_n.jpg

Hi Simon, 

In light of your other thread in the new members section I'm guessing your Audi purchase is a done deal :) 

I have to say your rover looks in good nick :) the a6 will definitely be a change to the metros! 

Cheers

Steve