New member with new (to me) S5

CFo

Hello everyone.  I have just acquired (Wednesday) this 2009 S5 cabriolet.  One owner from new, full main stealer service history, 41k.  Last 2 cars were Porsches, an early 996 911 (briefly, didn't get on with it) and a 997.2 Boxster (loved it but getting hard to get in and out with me poor old back - plus it was a manual and wife has auto only licence which wasn't handy for long trips).  But had Audis in the past.  In chronological order an A4 cab, a Mk1 TT coupe 3.2 and a Mk2 TT convertible.

The S5 has just had an inaugural trip from London the the Isle of Skye via Manchester; 650 miles including a couple of hundred on twisty and hilly Scottish roads.  The S5 certainly dispatched the odd grouping of slower moving vehicles very efficiently, especially in sport mode.  Averaged 30 mpg which I thought reasonable given the performance and the, err... highish motorway cruising speed.

So loving it so far.

pic1.jpg

Welcome to the forums

Nice friendly atmosphere here with plenty of Audi owners to help where they can.

Please be sure to give the forum rules a quick view

Very nice looking car, will come into its own once the nice weather arrives :yahoo:

Paul

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the forum, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

You certainly have had some lovely cars and the s5 looks cracking :)

Cheers

Steve

• Thanks 1