New Owner 2.7tdi AllRoad advice please

DoubleM

HI all I recently bought an 07 2.7tdi AllRoad and having owned several BMW's, Range Rover, Lexus, Alfa Romeo's and even a WRXSTI Subaru I can say I'm happy and very impressed with the build quality. 

It has the ZF 6 Speed Triptronic box and I'm planning on getting the ATF changed, I've read conflicting advice, some say a full flush is needed some advice against changing all the ATF in one go any advice there ? The gear changes are all smooth but there is a big hesitation, "flat spot" when kicking down quickly at around 1500 rpm and lower in D, I'm hoping the ATF change may help. Also I'm aware of the Gearbox ECU revision, can I find out which revision it is on through diagnostics ? Is it possible to have the revision made by a Indy or re-mapper or does it have to go to an Audi Main Dealer ? I don't have one near me but to have a VW Dealer. Also I'm getting a Stage 1 Remap done this week so may see if they can read the ECU and even do the upgrade.

The car has done 129000 miles with a FSH man dealer for first half and then Indy. 

It will need 4 tyres in the next month or so, I'm looking Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 3's as they are cheap from Oponeo any opinions ? I will be doing about 10% on farm tracks and fields.

Thanks Matt

IMG_9780.JPG

Looks good there!

also new to the forum, mines also a v6 tdi. Have Just had four new tyres fitted. Sizes were 255 35 19 and I had landsail ls588’s fitted, £280 for all four. I read up on them and they had mostly positive reviews, I can say they do stick like s*** to a blanket and aren’t noisey at all. I’m looking at the same kind of upgrades, remap 233-300hp, have already done a back box delete (r32 sound and less restriction), auto box, filter and diff flush. Really does drive 1000x better than my old 535d.

6921AA85-56B1-474A-ADF2-953F8CE1DB8A.jpeg

Thank's @Tommv6

I'll check those tyres out and the back box delete, what did you pay for the Autobox filter and oil change ? Your's is Looking good too !

I paid £280 for genuine zf filter, zf compatible oil and haldex oils.  Give the mechanic who I know well  £50 for labour he asked and it’s done. These boxes are supposedly lifetime sealed units if you ask audi. Have had a few cars with them in 535d, 4.4 Range Rover, and now this. They do respond well to it and even zf have said they should be done at 100k. 

Yes that's what I've read - mines doing the rev bouncing a little on over run and stuck in gear once, could be early torque converter signs, I've seen one out of an 08 with 64000 on it very cheap - am thinking I might buy it just in case or do you think I should do the ATF & Filter and see how that goes ?

I’d take it to someone decent and get it checked, you’re right that does sound like early torque converter. My bm did a torque converter but the m57 engine does break converters/boxes worse than any other. My mates bounces intermittently on lower end 1050-1500rpm and has done for 40k. If it were me I wouldn’t worry as these don’t sound like they do boxes or converters as a rule. Get the oil flushed, it won’t get all the oil out of the converter but it’ll prolong it for a very long time I would have throught. As for the stuck in gear, mine held in second longer than it does now pre getting the flush done and goes through the gears perfect now.

Tom