audi retrofit help

shafA6

recently bought some rear lights to retrofit to my audi a6 c7 2012, the rear lights are ones that can be found on some of the newish models. i had them fit in, plugged in and everything fit fine but the lights seemed to be mapped differently, for example when you reverse, the indicator would go on and none of the other lights would come on and if you were just driving forward only some parts of the lights would come on. i was told that i had to get them programmed for my car, but i haven't found anyone who can do this. i looked at alternatives like adapters and modules but i am unsure if they would work or not. i really need help

3 hours ago, shafA6 said:

recently bought some rear lights to retrofit to my audi a6 c7 2012, the rear lights are ones that can be found on some of the newish models. i had them fit in, plugged in and everything fit fine but the lights seemed to be mapped differently, for example when you reverse, the indicator would go on and none of the other lights would come on and if you were just driving forward only some parts of the lights would come on. i was told that i had to get them programmed for my car, but i haven't found anyone who can do this. i looked at alternatives like adapters and modules but i am unsure if they would work or not. i really need help

Welcome to the forum Amir, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

Im guessing you're trying to upgrade to the sliding indicators? 

piotr is right is saying they need coding to the car but I believe you need a different light module as well. 

cheers

Steve

42 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Welcome to the forum Amir, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

Im guessing you're trying to upgrade to the sliding indicators? 

piotr is right is saying they need coding to the car but I believe you need a different light module as well. 

cheers

Steve

thanks for the reply but i wansnt upgrading to the sliding indicators just to led lights,so hopefully i dont need a different module. i may have found a person to code them just waiting if they are able to do them

19 hours ago, shafA6 said:

thanks for the reply but i wansnt upgrading to the sliding indicators just to led lights,so hopefully i dont need a different module. i may have found a person to code them just waiting if they are able to do them

Ah right fair doos, let us know how you get on 🙂

cheers

Steve