WATER PUMP FAILURE

Quattro Kev

Hi

I have water poring out from my water pump any one know where would be the best place for price and delivery.

Thanks

Edited by Quattro Kev
spelling

Hello Kevin,

Do you know the history of when this pump was last changed? My experience is that simply buying at best price is not the way to go these days _ seldom works out economically in the long run. I favour buying best quality at the best price for all critical applications, and there usually are main dealers who will sell at discount if ask nicely! 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

Thanks Gareth  have had car for 5 years and presume it has never been changed before I had it.

My local Auto Parts has one for 27 quid says it is a German one? Which will do for now I will replace with a more expensive one at a later date.

Hello Kevin,

On 6/5/2018 at 3:22 PM, Quattro Kev said:

Thanks Gareth  have had car for 5 years and presume it has never been changed before I had it.

My local Auto Parts has one for 27 quid says it is a German one? Which will do for now I will replace with a more expensive one at a later date.

Just a personal view:- Buying on price, on the basis it will do for now, then replacing it with a "proper" one later, - does not seem to make economic sense. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

I'm was assured by the autoparts sales agent the water pump I will receive is a good quality German make and would not need to change it at a later date for a more expensive one.

So I don't think I will be buying another one.

As the pump is belt driven and a big job to change Genuine Audi every time. And they are surcharge too so get a bit of cash back when you take your old one back 

• Like 1

Well it's gone from a water pump replacement to a having the cam belts and tensioners all being replaced at same time.

Been on my cards to have the belts done as none of the  previous owners know when it was last changed and it has done 167K