A6 Ultra - Tyre Options

Wesley949

Hi Guys, hope you are all keeping well.

Just after some input on tyre choice for the 2016 A6 2.0TDi Ultra S-Tronic (190PS) model.

Currently running with the original Bridgestone Turanza ER300 tyres (245/45 R18  100Y)

I am a fan of Goodyear tyres and I love the Eagle F1 Asymmetric range as I have owned these before on previous vehicles so I know what they are like, so these are an option as well as a few others listed below;

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3, 

Goodyear EfficientGrip (Audi Approved),

Goodyear Primacy 3 (Audi Approved)

Dunlop Sport Maxx GT (Audi Approved)

Bridgestone Turanza ER300 (Audi Approved/ Original set-up)

I am leading towards the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 tyres but I might stay with the Audi Approved range and might consider the Goodyear EfficientGrip tyres but just wanted a few opinions from other Members and go from there.  One website stated that if I choose a non-Audi Approved tyre that my Warranty could be affected.  Is this an accurate statement?  Never knew a tyre choice could invalidate a vehicle's Warranty.

Cheers guys, thank-you.

Wesley Jordan

Never heard about non approved tyres affecting warranty - as long as the size loading and rating are correct then this I see as Tosh. I stand to be corrected but how they would validate this stance I do not know. 

I have ran Avon ZZ5 on my A6 - road noise is down - handling is better (less tracking over banding etc) and economy is on the up (but this could be down to the engine freeing up past 25K miles) 

Around £115 / corner fitted do not break the bank but do the job of keeping the cars underside from dragging on the road in a way tyres twice the price do

Hello Wesley,

I don't think I'm going to be of much help to you, but I would ask if the vehicle is on a PCP lease, since if so, on hand back, the tyres may be assessed to ensure they are within the 'approved' group. If not, they could (just could) charge you a fee to compensate them for the difference.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2018 at 8:09 AM, Envy said:

Never heard about non approved tyres affecting warranty - as long as the size loading and rating are correct then this I see as Tosh. I stand to be corrected but how they would validate this stance I do not know. 

I have ran Avon ZZ5 on my A6 - road noise is down - handling is better (less tracking over banding etc) and economy is on the up (but this could be down to the engine freeing up past 25K miles) 

Around £115 / corner fitted do not break the bank but do the job of keeping the cars underside from dragging on the road in a way tyres twice the price do

Thank you for your reply.  I did look at the Avon route when deciding and they have definitely become a popular brand lately and even a guy in work mentioned Avon's too so I did consider these, so many thanks for your advice.

On 6/13/2018 at 10:05 AM, Magnet said:

Hello Wesley,

I don't think I'm going to be of much help to you, but I would ask if the vehicle is on a PCP lease, since if so, on hand back, the tyres may be assessed to ensure they are within the 'approved' group. If not, they could (just could) charge you a fee to compensate them for the difference.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Thank you for your reply.  I am on Finance but not a Lease.  I have one final payment at the end of 4-years but i intended to keep the vehicle afterwards so its all good, thanks.

Cheers for your assistance guys.

I apologise for the delay in responding...bit hectic these past few weeks.

I did make my purchase..I stuck with Goodyear as I have always liked this Brand plus with so many options, I probably wwnt down the safer path.

I purchased Goodyear EfficientGrip 245/45 R18 100Y AO tyres.  Delivery, Fitting etc cost me £500.

I am still running these tyres in and Ive only covered 50-miles in them so Ill have a better feedback on them after 500 Miles etc.

Cheers again guys.