A4 TDi 272 production delays.

Sandancer

So I ordered my A4 Avant Black Edition 3.0 TDi 272 at the end of April for August delivery. 

Had a call today to say that the engine has been withdrawn due to excessive AdBlue consumption and will be replaced with a 286bhp version, but delivery won’t be till September at the earliest.

As you might imagine, I’m pretty peeved. Has anyone else heard anything about this as I can fund zero online? Just wondering if I will actually end up with the facelifted model, which is rumoured for a September launch. 

Hello Rob,

Sorry to hear you now cannot have the engine of your choice. I'm sure someone on here will be able to advise on the pros and cons of the  lower powered engine in comparison with the original 3ltr. Apologies, I cannot.

Re. '...wondered whether I will end up with the facelift model.......' 

Just wondered if you knew of this impending facelift when you ordered for the August delivery? Presumably not, since I guess you would have waited to ensure you are not registering new a just-to-be-replaced vehicle. It's probably me baulking at the perceived belief that vehicle will be valued the same as the incoming new 1st. September registration - the salesman's August sales generating speak.

I think this might work out to your advantage Rob if you carefully specify your requirements :- you will not want the outgoing model. These run out models are frequently sold at attractive prices and fitted with extra toys.... but obviously depreciate more quickly and of course are outdated as new! You require the vehicle to registered under a 68 plate - which of course it willl now be since it's not due to you until September.

Kind regards, 

Gareth.