Fan problems...

Guest kw94

Hi all, newbie here! Got a couple of odd problems (to me anyway!) with my B7 2.0 TDI.

For the last few days the radiator fan comes on at full speed within around 60 seconds of starting the engine and will stay on for the entire journey no matter how long, and goes off within 15 seconds of switching off the engine. The temp gauge gets up to 90 degrees like normal and stays there, no warning lights and coolant level is fine. Any ideas?  If there’s a faulty sensor somewhere would it put the fan on all the time as a safety precaution? 

Also, whether this is linked to the above problem or not, the climate control seems to be stuck in ECON mode for the last few days too. If I press the button to switch it off the light will go out until I take my finger off the button and then it’ll illuminate again.

Could these two problems I’m having be linked? They both seem to have started around the same time. 🤔 I’ve checked all the relevant fuses that are just inside the drivers door and they’re fine too.

Cheers! 👍