Change of Wheels

Bal
聽Share

Hi Fellow owners, rather than refurbishing, i'm thinking of changing the current 5 spoke alloys on my 2009 A4 to some newer looking ones, was wondering if they would fit straight on and look right. the first pic are the current ones on the car. they were refurbed by the previous owner but have started flaking within 8 mnths, they 245/45 r18 tyres are all good so will have em fitted on the newer ones,

current alloy.JPG

new alloy.JPG

Welcome to the forum Bal, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 馃檪

my answer is yes they should bolt straight on but you'll need to get your tracking done afterwards.聽

is there no way you trial fitting one to your car to make sure it fits?

cheers

Steve

6 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Welcome to the forum Bal, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 馃檪

my answer is yes they should bolt straight on but you'll need to get your tracking done afterwards.聽

is there no way you trial fitting one to your car to make sure it fits?

cheers

Steve

Can you explain me Steve what tracking got to do with new set of wheels ?聽

Thanks

Just now, rmbossvr6 said:

Can you explain me Steve what tracking got to do with new set of wheels ?聽

Thanks

Well usually if the wheels are a different size either by diameter or width etxc then this will affect the tow in and tow out angle of the suspension and steering.聽

You don't have to have it done but I'd recommend it because you could scrub your tyres as they could wear unevenly.聽

It's cheaper to have tracking done and be on the safe side then fork out on new tyres. Plus if it's quattro then it's a must as uneven tyre wear on a quattro can damage the system.

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for that mate. I went from 17 into 19 but never tought about the tracking.聽

Yeah quattro is seperate think, 聽used to have 1 and always been carefull with tyres tread level and pattern.聽

Thanks