A4 Avant S-Line Ride Comfort

TomsA3

Hi,

I know this isn't the busiest forum but would appreciate some owners reviews here.

I currently have an A3 8P Sport in which the ride is too rough (I have some health issues that it's aggrevating, not just being a moaner lol).

I've seen a local 2010 A4 Avant at a reasonable price and assume the A4 will be more comfortable...BUT with it being an S-Line and on 18s I'm not so sure and wanted some opinions before I waste the owners time going for a test drive?

Alternatively, has anyone driven a 2010 320d EfficientDynamics and can comment on the ride comfort of those comparatively?  

Thanks in advance

Tom

Hi Tom I can confirm the a4 s line suspension is lower and stiffer than see suspension plus the 18" wheels will make the ride harder. What sort of a3 do you have? 

Cheers

Steve

11 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Hi Tom I can confirm the a4 s line suspension is lower and stiffer than see suspension plus the 18" wheels will make the ride harder. What sort of a3 do you have? 

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve,

The A3 is a2005 8P Sport 2.0TDI on original 17s.  Haven't been able to confirm whether the Sport and S-Line use the same suspension or not.  I thought Sport suspension would be between SE & S-Line but have also been told both sports models use the same suspension.  I specifically avoided an S-Line A3 after reading about the lack of ride comfort.

Hmm I think you're right, the sport suspension is between se and s line. The easiest thing you could do is fit se suspension to your a3 to make the ride better.

Cheers

Steve

Even on SE suspension I don't think it'll be smooth enough, low seating position etc all adds up so the A3 will have to go sadly.

I've bought a Mk6 Golf match instead...boring but comfortable lol.

Only thing is I've only got one key atm, would you know if I could buy another and programme it with VCDS or is it not that simple?  I'll probably join a Golf Forum and ask but guess they're the same as Audi's, the key looks the same as the A3 key tbh.

11 hours ago, TomsA3 said:

Even on SE suspension I don't think it'll be smooth enough, low seating position etc all adds up so the A3 will have to go sadly.

I've bought a Mk6 Golf match instead...boring but comfortable lol.

Only thing is I've only got one key atm, would you know if I could buy another and programme it with VCDS or is it not that simple?  I'll probably join a Golf Forum and ask but guess they're the same as Audi's, the key looks the same as the A3 key tbh.

Sorry to hear your moving over to the sister brand but you'll be happy with the golf match. Smaller wheels and softer suspension will help 🙂

Volkswagen will charge you around £200-£300 for key and coding. However if you buy a key independently from Volkswagen and then get them to code it then it should cost around £55 I think. 

unsure if you can do it yourself to be honest. Sorry.

cheers

Steve