A4 Avant B7. Water in passenger footwell??

Bearded Mag

Out for a long drive yesterday and my wife realised her jacket was soaking wet when we stopped? Thinking it was a spill from a water bottle she had there thought nothing of it just got to work this morning and the carpet is drenched! 

Any ideas what this could be? Or if anyone has had similar can they point me in the right direction as to how to sort it? 

Cheers

Kris 

On 7/9/2018 at 7:20 AM, Bearded Mag said:

Out for a long drive yesterday and my wife realised her jacket was soaking wet when we stopped? Thinking it was a spill from a water bottle she had there thought nothing of it just got to work this morning and the carpet is drenched! 

Any ideas what this could be? Or if anyone has had similar can they point me in the right direction as to how to sort it? 

Cheers

Kris 

Could be a door seal or a drain hole. You will have to visibly check them.

Hello Kris,

While we bask in glorious sunshine down here in the south, did you have any rain during the journey or overnight following the trip? 

Have you checked the coolant level to confirm there hadn't been any loss?

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Hello 

as a thought 

have you checked the scuttle drain under the battery There is a small grommet that get blocked and water then backs up into the passenger footwell 

w

Or, in some cars there are grommets in the bottom of the scuttle holding screws from the trim. these grommets degrade & leak water into the footwell.

just another suggestion 

good luck with finding the cause