Audi Q8 infotainment gets in ENGINEERING mode!

Hi guys 

Bought my new Audi Q8 last week and while i was driving the navigation/infotainment system shut down and came up with a red ENGINEERING menu ! The system allowed me to choose reboot, which brought it back to life but I need to understand why it happened or whether is a bug of some sort. Audi's support admitted they dont know much about this new system, so was wondering if someone else experienced this or have some knowledge of the topic.

Thank you

With the Q8 being so new I would imagine the infotainment to be fresh and crispy too.

Like with all things software wait a few weeks and the developers will be getting feedback from the field (You are a beta tester) and start on an update that you will be invited to try. Not unusual and quite frequent if you are a user of windows or iOS products. 

Best thing to do is report it with the maximum of background information you can include. This will expedite a SW patch