Number plates

123jaye

Anyone else have issues with the number plate on the rear ? The plastic screw heads snap off?  The screws are stuck inside. Question is , can I put new screws into the tailgate instead?  

Thanks

Jay.

Hello Jay,

Can we take it the whole screw is plastic (and has now snapped) rather than the screw being metal (and now snapped) and covered with a plastic press-over cover. 

If you are talking about a completely plastic screw, then the original would have had a plastic nut on the inside of the tailgate - which will still be there, attached to the remains of the srew thread. Of course pushing this in will result in it disappearing into the tailgate. I guess you will need to remove the inner trim to get at it and remove it, before replacing like for like. 

An alternative would be to stick the plates on using double sided pads made for the job - ensuring all surfaces are clean. Downside if using the same plates is that the screw holes will still show. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

I had a plastic one snapped in there, I used a slightly smaller drill bit and drilled it out and used a bolt with same thread pattern and wind that in and out a few times to clear it, now all sorted and back to using the plastic type