Audi A3 8L tdi gauge problem

Paulm81

Hi all,

i have a 2002 Audi A3 (8L) TDI sport, i bought a white dial kit for the speedo, rev, fuel and temp gauge, now i wish i never bothered, I removed the needles only to find out the wrong kit was sent. So i had to rebuild the cluster, when placing the needles back on they went on fine I thought but the temp and fuel gauge do not register anything but when the car is off they go to about half??? Any idea?? Been told to get a new set of clocks but i need to match part numbers? Can i not use any 1.9 diesel manual a3 clocks??

any help or advice is great fully appreciated 

• 8 months later...

On 10/6/2018 at 4:03 PM, Paulm81 said:

Hi all,

i have a 2002 Audi A3 (8L) TDI sport, i bought a white dial kit for the speedo, rev, fuel and temp gauge, now i wish i never bothered, I removed the needles only to find out the wrong kit was sent. So i had to rebuild the cluster, when placing the needles back on they went on fine I thought but the temp and fuel gauge do not register anything but when the car is off they go to about half??? Any idea?? Been told to get a new set of clocks but i need to match part numbers? Can i not use any 1.9 diesel manual a3 clocks??

any help or advice is great fully appreciated 

Bought 2nd hand instrument cluster from eBay, when you plug it in the car doesn’t idle? Like immobiliser problem? Any help or advice?

part numbers are exactly the same