Service now warning

paxterg

• 2 weeks later...

Portadown Audi refused to reset my "Service Due" warning because I did not get the car serviced with them! Bad customer service if you ask me, got it done with an independent Audi garage, 20 quid!

Hello Lavelle,

I can, to some degree,  understand your discontents with the Audi main dealer, but from their point of view you are really asking them to 'confirm' it has been serviced (obviously not by them) in accordance with the recommended schedule - and they don't know if it has been or not. 

To me, that is sensibly good customer service on their part, since they are not prepared to confirm anything which they do not have any knowledge of. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Not sure about good customer service or me looking for Audi to confirm anything. The problem is Audi have made the process convoluted, I can't turn off the "Service due" warning myself, I have to go to Audi, why? Well we all know the answer, I for my part wont use a main dealer because they overcharge and often they are not as thorough as I would like!

Healthy difference of opinion Lavelle.

If you think about it, by extinguishing your service light then they are involving themselves in the 'effectiveness' of your DIY servicing, by removing the warning that the car is due for servicing.

Let's assume, for example, that you have missed a critical safety issue with this car. By removing the 'service due' warning, they are implicated in the consequence of any issue that arises as a result of you missing something. Not fair to them!

I think you will find that all manufacturers operate a 'Service due' warning system - not just VAG.

On a brighter note, you used to be able to DIY remove these messages by a variety of methods - some including pressing the trip button etc. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.