A1 Rear Bumper Part number

richa1

Hi guys, first post here, have lurked for a while but finally setup an account!

I've got a 2014 A1 S-Line (with PDC), and unfortunately it has a cracked rear bumper. I'm trying to get it sorted, but cannot work out what replacement bumper I'd need, and Audi are next to useless, refusing to give a part number just saying they can supply one, primed only, based on the reg. Does anyone know how I can get the part number? The bumper itself has a split in (which I think is repairable, but not by me!), and the plastic mount on the corner has split so think I need a new one.

Any advice gratefully received!

Rich.

Hello Richard,

....'which is repairable but not by me' ...... I don't know what your budget is or what your capabilities are, but I might be worth considering how much a secondhand one would be (or a new after market one -if available), and even if you had the right part number, what are your chances are of finding a totally unmarked one in the current colour which you could simply bolt on? 

These bumpers are often practically repaired by 'plastic welding' and the cost differences may not be that far apart.

Main dealers and not giving part numbers where they know the enquirer is not going to buy from them? Not really surprising.

Bottom line - they give you a part number, you buy elsewhere and it turns out wrong - you are not going to be very pleased with them, and there never was anything in it for them.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Hi Gareth,

That's what I was considering, but there are so many different variations out there, and I wasn't sure which one I needed 🙂

My DIY skills are OK, but wouldn't want to test them on the bumper unless I knew I had a backup! I was quoted £380+VAT for the prepped bumper direct from Audi, so anything less than that is a win as far as I'm concerned. If it's a couple of hundred £ for a repair, then that's fine - it is what it is. I guess my plan was to find one with a minimal amount of damage (with the mountings intact) and then get the damage to that fixed, at a lower overall cost than a new bumper.

Completely agree about the dealerships not giving out the part number now you've put it like that! Well explained! 

Thanks for the reply!