Fit Running Boards to Q7 4M 2015 Model

OneSmithfield

Hi, i'm new to this forum and apologies if this question has already been answered.

So I have purchased a second hand Audi Q7 4M on a 65 Plate, Month and Year of Manufacture is Nov 2015. I have been told by Audi that due to the Manufacture year being Pre Jan 2016 my car does not have the holes to fit the running boards. I have also contacted 4x4direct in Derby and they are not sure if their OE style running boards will fit my car. They have just said if its a new shape Q7 they will fit. So i'm a bit confused on the whole subject really. I just wanted to know if anyone has been successful in fitting original audi or OE style running boards to a Q7 4M pre Jan 2016? Is this possible to do if no holes exist? Is there any company out there offering a fitting service for this? 

Hello Mohammed,

Sorry I cannot directly help you with your query, but in the absence of any other reply, perhaps some if the follwimg may help to move you in a positive direction. 

'I have been told by Audi.......' It would be interesting to know who you asked - and where you asked the question. I have found that answers you get can be one person's opinion and may or may not be accurate. If it were mine, I would wander into the parts section of my local dealer, armed with the VIN and the steps you have bought, and see if you can set up a friendly dialogue with the person there. OK you have bought them secondhand, but an honest approach usually works out. The correct answer will be there and they should be able to tell you (VIN wise) at what point any change was made, and if yours doesn't  have any holes - whether steps can be practically fitted or not. 

I would be tempted to reward a helpful attitude with a box of biscuits at this time of year! 

Kind regards,

Gareth.