mmi controls board or unit replacement

emeyetee

Hello to everyone

I have recently purchased a 2007 Q7 , which has come with a multitude of issues which i am trying to work my way through!

Most annoying is that only some of the mmi buttons do not seem to work and i am stuck with not being able to access all of the control set ups so cannot adjust the date or time and basic functions such as this.

I see that you can buy a new control circuit board, from £50 upwards on eBay, would this be the obvious place to start?

i also have issues with the Bluetooth not working, but wonder if that has anything to do with the mmi circuit board or whether i need to replace the bluetooth module itself.

Lastly, the sat nav says it is not installed, although the reader in the boot is lit up, it will not eject or anything so onder what might be happening here too?!

I know it's Christmas very soon and everyone is no doubt busy, but spread some christmas cheer and any help, assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Sorry for the late reply, did you buy it knowing that these issues were present? Mine had similar issues and I wasn't aware of this and I've started the long, and involved legal process with the seller to have them pay for the repair or even refund my money. 

I had been told that electronic systems was bust (£300) and that made the suspension pump burn out and also the MMI unit was damaged and the total, with labour was going to be over £4k. He was using genuine Audi parts though. 

Check the Satnag by throwing a disc in there and see if it reads first.

Thanks for the messages, replace the mmi control board, £50 off eBay and a YouTube video later, all sorted.

got the Bluetooth to connect too after several attempts!

all that’s left now is to sort the sat nav out as it appears to be locked and now replace the mmi display screen as this has now got lines appearing!!

You need vcds to unlock the sat nav to get the disc out as they were locked from the factory to prevent the discs getting nicked out of hire vehicles etc but it was probably so you had to go to the main dealer for the newer discs. What does the sat nav say on the screen when you press the nav button?