TPS - throttle position sensor issue

Purplehazex

Hi Guys,

new to this forum and fairly a beginner when it comes to car issues.

i have had the engine management light pop up for quite a long time now, I have cleared it a few times but it keeps coming back. It throws up p0121 TPS sensor.

what I am trying to do is locate where the TPS sensor is, from some googling (a lot of googling over the past few months) I understand there should be 2, one in the pedal and the other on the throttle body.

i have been on YouTube and all over google looking for pictures of where the throttle body would be located and a guide on how to remove it, but I can’t find anything specifically for my A3 8p.

anyone have, or know of a handy guide or pictures that can help me out? Or has anyone had this issue before and resolved it?

Hello Michael,

In the absence of any other more helpful replies, you could try the following which might reset the TPS:- 

Switch the ignition on and press the accelerator peal to the floor and release. Repeat this press and release 5 times without switching the ignition off. Switch ignition off, wait about 10 mins. and start the car. This is the general method to reset them. Works on Audis? - but worth a try I guess.

Kind regards,

Gareth.